This is a beta instance for a new official GnuPG e.V OpenPGP Keyserver.
This server is funded by the verein, but operated independently.
If you have any (reasonable and in-scope) questions about this service, you can mail the admin at:
If you need confidentiality, use this public key to encrypt for us: 0xEA247833F270A86FF2140C9AB39B4183D116 Link to keyfile
This contact does not provide support to OpenPGP, GnuPG or other parts of the adjacent ecosystem. Please only ask questions pertaining to this particular keyserver.
- No images.
- No user IDs with private information of other people, insults, witchhunts, discrimination, software exploits, illegal things or other things in malicious spirit.
- No excessive data sizes.
EU Privacy Law Disclaimer
What we store:
- Any public OpenPGP keys you upload here are publicly searchable including any metadata you attach to it. (Like Email Adresses, Names, Comments and Pictures). This may change in the future once we have a better way of dealing with key sharing.
- Your source IP address and associated technical metadata for the duration of the transaction, longer if necessary to prevent abusive flooding of the service. No identifying data correlation attempted.
- Right of access: You can query back all data you put in here yourself via the search. We have no way to know which public keys belong to the same person, therefore we can not send you any data aggregate.
- Rectification and erasure: If you can prove to be the owner of a key by signing your message with it, we can prevent our machine from listing this key in the future. We technically have to still store a hash of it in our database to prevent it from being reuploaded. This will contain none of the attached data in the original key packet.
If you can convince us that a different public key contains your personal data against your wishes, we will block it from distribution.
- Data Sharing: This keyserver syncs with the pgpkeys.eu network. Anything you upload here will be replicated to the other peers and you need to request deletion on all peers.
We do not allow pictures in your key packets. This prevents the most damaging kinds of abuse here. There is no newsfeed nor discoverability. You only get what you search for. If you want to read something, you have to actually search for it. Nobody can add any hostile extra data to your own public OpenPGP key without your private signing key. Everyone can upload a key in your name. Defamation can not be fully prevented. Do not do it. Be respectful to other people.
If you notice any unwanted or illegal data, please mail us about it. We might delete and block it. Please don't be excessive either.
OpenPGP is a method of encrypting and/or signing data (for example an email) in a secure “end to end” way. This means, the message is encrypted on your computer, using the recipient’s public key, in a way that the e-mail server has no knowledge of the content of the message. The recipient of the message then decrypts the message on their own computer using their private key.